2000-2002: Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
Starting Pitcher, 1B/3B
2002-2004: New Mexico State University
Starting Pitcher/Relief Pitcher
Rory has 6 years of college coaching experience at the Junior College and NCAA DI level. During that time, he gained extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of the game. Since making the move from college coaching in 2010, he has acted as the pitching coach for the 18 year old DBAT Mustangs teams that appeared in the 2010-2011 National Tournament held in Farmington, NM and has been giving private lessons.
Taylor's goal for instruction is to help athletes reach their highest potential level of play using time-proven mechanics that increase bat speed, hand quickness and power.
Taylor studied General Business & Sports Marketing at Stephen F. Austin State University before returning home to Garland, TX
2009-2010: Played for the TPX Top 96 Texas team
Catcher, OF, 2B
2009-2010: 2 year letterman at Sachse High School
Trained by former MLB player Mike Epstein, Taylor is a certified instructor, focusing on the rotational-style of hitting.
2010-2011: Assistant Coach for the Buzz Baseball organization
2012-Present: Head Coach in the D-BAT Mustangs organization
- 2013: Appeared in 17 games with four starts ... Hit .269 with four runs and five runs batted in ... Slugged .269 with a .321 on-base percentage ... Picked up first career hit and run in a March 2 win vs. Columbia ... Made first career start a day later, finishing 1-for-3 and recording his first RBI in another win over the Lions ... Went 2-for-4 with a run at Central Arkansas on March 29 ... Recorded a pinch hit and an RBI in May 5 game vs. Oral Roberts ... Recorded a hit in six games and scored in four. During his senior year, Jake started in left field getting his average up to .325 with highlighted games against Texas, Rice, Sam Houston, and Abilene Christian.
- Navarro College: Hit .360 while playing for head coach Whoa Dill at Navarro College ... Helped team to championship game of Region XIV.
- New Mexico Junior College: Hit a team-best .420 and earned a spot on the All-Star team.
- Poteet High School: Coached by Bobby Doe ... Helped team to 40-0 record in district play and was an all-district honoree ... Carried .400 batting average.
- Personal: Born Jacob A. Sutton on December 27, 1991 in Dallas, Texas ... Son of Alvin and Lori Sutton ... Father played football for both SMU and UTEP ... Related to former Dodger pitcher and Baseball Hall of Famer Don Sutton.
- 45 years of softball experience
- Grew up playing softball in California
- Received a full scholarship to Texas Tech University for pitching
- Has coached Texas high school softball since 1995 at El Paso Franklin HS, Mesquite HS, and DeSoto HS (recently retired)
- Was the assistant coach/pitching coach for UT Dallas
- Has taught private lessons in the DFW area since 1998
Played 4 years of college baseball finishing at Tarleton State University. Career Era of 3.19. Wylie East High School, received major league tryouts for the Padres, Mets, and Braves. Played competitive baseball for 15 years.